Thursday, March 30, 2017

Almost finished........

I had a fun day shopping with my youngest granddaughter (20) yesterday.  Then we came back to my house and I helped her cut out a project.  On Tuesday I loaded this quilt on my longarm and last night I quilted it.
I just did an all over free motion loopy design on it.








I trimmed it and then I cut the binding from the same gold print that I used on the back.  I had to add a strip to make it wide enough so I used the leftover brown with butterflies from another quilt.  I wanted to finish 2 more quilts this month but I may have to settle for just this one.  I'll see how today goes and whether I can get another backing pieced. 



FYI: If you ask me a question in a comment and you don't get an email back from me it is because you are a NO REPLY.  I have an email link on my right side bar.  You can contact me that way if you really want an answer........and I'm happy to answer questions....if I could only get back to you.

9 comments:

Diana from SC said...

A happy looking quilt. Love the use of yellows.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the pieced back! The butterflies are terrific.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Love the bright colors in this quilt. Looks like, with all the rain forecasted for today, you will most likely be inside working on that other backing.

melinda hirsch said...

Great idea for the back piecing!

patty a. said...

That is a fun quilt! Getting one done is better than nothing. You have been spending quality time helping others so that is important!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, this looks like a fun, FAST quilt!!

Laura D said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Hedy said...

I really like this pattern, haven't seen it before with your quilts.

Charlotta said...

Your granddaughter is smart and lucky to take advantage of your considerable skills to help teach her quilting! I hope she enjoys it half as much as I know you must.
Love your quilt! Hope you reach your goals, but if not, you'll have plenty of time in April!