I really pushed myself to finish this Windy City quilt top. The pattern for this quilt is in a 1990 book, "Scrap Happy - Quick-Pieced Scrap Quilts" by Sally Schneider. I made the first one from this pattern about 18 years ago with floral fabrics. I made the first flannel one about 15 years ago. I made flannel quilts for everyone in my family for Christmas that year. I had some blocks left over from it and over the years made a few more blocks. This year I made up my mind to make the rest of the blocks and finish it. I'll look for fabric for the back today. It is 59.5" x 76".
I put the last four blocks up on the design wall for Neapolitan, decided I didn't need to move any blocks and sewed the top together. It is 45" x 52.5" right now. I might try auditioning borders but I don't think I have anything I would like with it so it probably will just be a small quilt.
I also pieced a back for this quilt. I had 3 long pieces that were 18-24" wide that I sewed side by side. The strips will go top to bottom on the back of the quilt.
The cactus plant that came from my mother-in-law's plant finally bloomed. They are petite blooms compared to some of the others.
The sun was coming in the window by this plant and made the flower translucent. This plant has the largest flowers of all of them.