Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Cleaning off the sewing cabinet.......

Yesterday I started cleaning off the sewing machine cabinet to prepare for machine quilting and this piece was on there.  Since the raw edge strips were just pressed on the fusible batting and were starting to come loose I decided I needed to stitch it now.  Laying on the table with it is a page of photos from the last time I made something like this.  Go here to see it better.
A close up of the stitching and raw edges.
All of the strips are sewn securely in place so I can put it aside until inspiration hits.  I have no ideas right now.  The top of the cabinet is clean and I can start quilting today.

10 comments:

Annie said...

I love it I love it I love the idea of waiting for inspiration to bite

Diane said...

Wanda, No one gets more mileage out of fabric than you!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I love having something like that laying around just waiting....it makes creativity very spontaneous.
What fusible batting do you use?

Taos Sunflower said...

That's such a happy piece; the colors and the uneven strips make me smile.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I need to do this with some of my ever-expanding tubs of strings!

Elaine M said...

Lovely lines of color. Love the texture of the quilting and raw edges.

Anonymous said...

Fun piece to find in your process of cleaning up your table. Have you ever figured out how much thread you use during a year ? Following you as I do... it has to be at least 100 a spools. Well almost (*._,*)

J~MT

Cathi said...

You have such beautiful things on your sewing cabinet! What a fun piece that is!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I like the fused strings! I can see this as a background for scenic quilt.

Sheila said...

I love your strip fabric pieces of art. Your lovely strip quilt, too.