Ikept thinking I should already have enough pieces cut. Then it hit me, I put 14 rows across instead of the 12 that I had planned so now I needed 42 fabrics not 22 to finish up. By the time I realized that I didn't want to take 2 rows down so I just cut more until I had enough. It will be about 56" x 78".
Here are the triangles that are left over for the second quilt that I have planned.
When I was cutting, I cut a 6.5" strip across the width of the fabric. I could get 3-6.5" cuts out of that and the fabric was folded so that means 6 squares for every strip I cut. Here are the piles of 4 sets of129 fabrics that are left over. I want to make one quilt of all squares so I will have 3 sets left for other projects
Here is another by-product of my cutting, lots of selvages. I must get started making something out of them soon. Behind the selvages are stacks of 1.5" and 2.5" strips that were cut from the larger pieces of fabric.
February is almost over and I haven't finished 4 quilts like I planned for each month. Today I will look over my tops and see which ones I will quilt to try to meet my quota. I also need to make my 4 donation preemie quilts and I just got some more scraps of flannel Monday so I can start cutting them. I will probably start sewing triangles together on this latest quilt in between the other projects. My goal there will be 2 rows a day. Wish me luck, 5 days of concentrated work.