Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Quilting at last............

Yes I did spend a little more than an hour quilting this but it is the timer's fault.  I have this little clip on timer which I set for one hour.  I bumped into it at one point and heard it beep and looked and it had added 2 minutes on.  What I didn't know is that I had to hit the start button AGAIN after that so I just unclipped it and quilted.
I just did a large meander which goes rather quickly so now it is ready to come off the machine and be trimmed.  I'll look for binding today.






I went out last night to cut more volunteer trees out of the flower beds and I always check the tomatoes while I am out.  First I noticed the one on the left that is just starting to turn and I knew I had to pick it before the squirrels did.  Then I looked at the plants along my driveway and there was one almost fully turned.  They are very small but I think the later ones will be larger.  It hasn't been a good start for the tomatoes with the 2 sessions of 90 degree days already in the growing season.  They don't like that kind of heat.

8 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Glad you are still working with the hour concept. I have been working on at least 30 m inutes and then if things work out the next few minutes setting up for the next 30 minutes. This season has been hard on gardens. We finally got rain to break the heat, but I see Rockford which is 50 miles NE of us got flooding last night. Hope that didn't happen around you. Chris

patty a. said...

My x-father-in-law always said the heat was good for tomatoes especially when it is very warm thru the night. I know he use to water the heck out of them when it got hot.

It probably isn't the end of the world that you worked more than a hour on that quilt - it's quilted so that's a good thing!

Hedy said...

I tried to grow tomatoes twice. Each time they were absolutely beautiful but I only got one small tomato. Now we go to our river place and it’s too difficult to even grow annuals in this heat. Your purple quilt is pretty.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Larry picked our first reddened tomatoes yesterday, too -- they aren't "quite ripe" but within another day they will be. Congrats on the completed quilting!

WhiteEagle said...

Love your purple quilt. Sometimes in life we need something easy to get through tough times and start fresh. My tomatoes will be in 108 this weekend but they are cherry tomatoes and seem to handle the heat better. My tomatillos do well too. I had too many physical problems this Spring so I chose not to have a garden except for whatever came up voluntarily. God graced the berry patch this year too.

JJM said...

An hour sometimes just isn't enough time to make progress you wanted. You got your hour-plus in and that's a bonus. (*._.*)

Nice sweet tomatoes home grown are the best. Interesting comment from patty a; about over watering when it is hot, hot, hot for your tomatoes.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Our tomatoes are smiling happily at all the rain we're getting the last few days. They don't love the over 90 degree days, but we get lots of them here.

LizA. said...

What is this purple quilt? It looks like it could be a good quilt to make for Project Linus.