Thursday, June 21, 2018

My one hour timer..............

During my one hour working on an older project I loaded another backing and batting on the longarm.  Then I cut a border for a quilt and sewed the binding on the purple quilt.  I didn't start the hand stitching yet.  On new projects I sewed one more strata for my Kaffe Trip Around the World.  I now have 4 of 5 stratas sewn.
Later in the early evening I went out for my weed pulling session.  I went back in for my camera when I saw that the other Asiatic lilies are getting ready to open.









I was looking for the fourth plant and finally found it under a few volunteer Redbud trees.  Now I know the color of the last 2 plants.  I cut a bunch more volunteer trees out of the flower beds and deadheaded a lot of the peonies.  Then I planted a couple more pots with the last of the plants I bought a few weeks ago.  It is supposed to rain quite a bit for the next 2 days so I probably won't get any more weeds pulled until the weekend.

8 comments:

patty a. said...

I really like the quilt you are now loading. The flowers are so pretty! I was looking out the window before bed last night and I was happy to finally see color in my yard - the purple lavender, the orange roadside day lilies, and the white of the Shasta daisies. The coneflowers are just beginning to bloom and I will have to look at them when I get home from work to see if they have opened up. They are variety call Tom-Tom which are white flowers mixed with pink flowers.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the colors of the quilt on the longarm. I worked on making backings and then made a new sample block for a quilt that I saw at a quilt show. Lovely lilies. Mine have not started to open, fought off the red lily beetles so far. Temps great here, 70s, low humidity and gorgeous blue skies. Rain this weekend I heard. Happy first days summer!

Hedy said...

We had a downpour yesterday morning and my new plants are looking good. I weeded yesterday and what a mess it was, so many weeds. There are areas on a hill I couldn’t get to as the ground was muddy, but soon I’ll go out and tackle it. This morning is very nice sitting outside with my morning coffee.

Debbie said...

Stick to it....the one hour timer may be the trick!
I did a new post to explain fix for our commenting problem just now.

Needled Mom said...

It's so nice to share your sewing time with your gardening time. Little bits of time here and there gets so much accomplished.

JJM said...

As always your new 1 hour routine is enfluencing all of us that follow you. (*._.*) I can see already you will have even more finishes at the end of each month. As we slip into summer it's fun to see what blossoms emerge from your gardens.

MissPat said...

If you do get rain, it will at least make it easier to weed. We've had no measurable rain in three weeks, so the ground is dry and hard and the weeds don't budge. I finally planted the last of the zinnias I bought about 10 days ago. I'm off to a quilt retreat for the weekend.
Pat

judith lockhart said...

I think I'm going to set my timer and see if I can't get some things finished, too! Great idea!