Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Binding chosen...........

In my one hour of working on an older quilt, I got this quilt off the longarm and trimmed and I cut the binding.  The camera says the binding is blue but it is really a purple leaning to the red/purple side.  I also pressed 2 border fabrics.
It has cooled off but the humidity was 100% last night at 10 p.m.  I got the lawn mowed in 2 sessions yesterday afternoon.  While out there I noticed the compact Beebalm is in full bloom now.



I love the shaggy blooms.  Maybe I'll find another one in a different color on clearance this year.







And just because I like them so much, here are 3 more with lots of partial blooms in the background.

7 comments:

JJM said...

Blossoming purple Bee balm to match your quilt in the works. Lovely post today.

JJM

Hedy said...

I was at Walmart the other day and got a bee balm in yellow at half price. I do love your color though.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Humidity is very high here, too - no house painting this morning for DH. Pretty purples!

Roxanne said...

I like that compact bee balm. A lot. We have a tall variety in several spots, the sunnier the taller. The leaves smell so good and I love how the blooms are like slow fireworks.

patty a. said...

The beebalm is very pretty. I might have to look into getting some. You are making good progress on the quilt.

WhiteEagle said...

Love the binding and the bee balm.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have been sewing backings in the basement where I have bigger tables and the long arm is. I am thinking that it will help me get the quilts on the long arm faster. I treated myself to a sample block for a quilt I would like to make. My bee balm was large and got very invasive so it had to leave.