Friday, June 22, 2018

Another quilted.................

I didn't bother to set the timer yesterday for my one hour on an older project.  The day was broken up by appointments so I just worked on things when I had time.  In the morning it was my pacemaker nurse appointment where she downloads 6 months of information from my pacemaker.  She can pinpoint to the day and hour when I had heartbeats that were irregular which was only twice in 6 months this time.  She also can tweak the way the pacemaker works so she did something that will possibly give me a little more energy.

I quilted the Australian triangle quilt last night.
I did lines around an inch apart, some a little more, some less than 1" apart.   








You can see the overall effect better in this photo.  Now I have two to do binding on.  The art quilters are coming Monday so first I need to sort and put away all of the stuff I have on the tables in the basement and do the vacuuming.  I will work on the bindings a little at a time which makes it not so boring.
The Veronica is starting to show more color in the blooms.  For some reason I thought they were going to be purple.










I don't remember if this will bloom all summer or not.  It was a new plant last year and I don't think I have ever had one of these before.

It rained off and on all day yesterday.  I had a little over and inch and a half in my rain guage.  We got a nice rain Tuesday too so I shouldn't have to water anything for several days and the weeds will pull out easily.

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Quilt texture looks terrific. Can't wait to see it bound. Wish I could have something tweak my energy level- the brain wants to go and the body says no. It is supposed to rain tomorrow- off today when I get word that my daughter has delivered, she is in labor now. They don't want us there until the baby is born, bummer. They are 2 1/2 hrs away.

Debbie said...

Your quilting lines looks great on that quilt!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Good to know your heart is ticking away nicely and thumbs up for a little more energy. Your plants as always are looking nice and healthy - I've not heard of a Veronica before but I like yours. I've been waiting for my 2 lilies to flower, to compare them with your red/orangey one. Insects bit the ends off one of them but it's just come into flower anyway; the other one could be the same colour, both like yours :)

Hedy said...

I really like the lines of stitching on the quilt, it goes well with it. I have several plants in my garden that are going to bloom but I have no clue what they are, some sort of volunteer plants the birds dropped off.

patty a. said...

I forgot that triangle quilt was made with the Australian fabrics. It tuned out fabulous and I love the quilting. I didn't take a photo of my Tom-Toms last night to post. They flowers are not quite open yet.

I am glad to hear that everything is good with your pacemaker.

Vicki W said...

Glad to hear that your pacemaker is doing its job! I love straight line quilting. Do you do it free motion or with channel locks? I like doing both depending on the quilt.

Needled Mom said...

Your quilt looks beautiful. I love the straight lines.

It sounds like the appointment went well. Yeah.

I'd love to have some of that rain.

Lynn Dykstra said...

I love the texture you add with those simple lines on the fabulous Australian fabrics

Quiltdivajulie said...

A happy, successful, and colorful post -- it was a good day!

JJM said...

I love Chanel quilt stitching, you always select the perfect quilting pattern for each of your designs.

Was surprised how much can be documented from your pacemaker. And to be able to give you a little more more energy is unbelievable! And have you been able to feel any difference by now ?

JJM

Anonymous said...

SATURDAY morning - Are you OK? First time I have woken without the lovely greeting of a new entry in your blog. Praying all is alright in your world.