Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Sewn but not pressed................

I finished sewing the rest of the crosswise seams on the 16 patch quilt top but it was late so I didn't get it pressed yet and ready for its photo.

We had 1.8" of rain starting in the very early morning hours yesterday so I didn't get outside to take any photos.  I grabbed my camera late in the afternoon to try to get a photo from inside through a screen.  There was a rabbit sitting in my raised tomato bed eating my radish leaves.  He had moved out to the clover in the grass by the time I got back with the camera.  Luckily he left most of the radishes for me.

I had an out of state visitor yesterday morning too.  They moved away from Sandwich in the 1960s and they always stop to see me when they are in town.  She was my first sewing friend when I moved here in 1959.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have your rain now. I can practically hear the plants growing. There is certainly lots of sewing in that quilt. It is very unique and graphic.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Our rain gauge showed a hair over 3", so I don't know which of us is correct, but either way, it was a whole heck of a lot of liquid, making little ponds in areas of our back yard. Hopefully, that was our quota for this month, as the ground is really saturated.

patty a. said...

The quilt turned out beautiful! We got a half inch of rain which is good because I think the site guys can still work in the dirt today.

Julierose said...

Your rain is coming our way, but managed to get in a short walk before "le deluge"..;))))
I love how your piece came out...just lovely work you do...
Hugs Julierose

Roxanne said...

Lovely quilt photo. I like the fabric in folds, putting different things next to each other. When you moved there in 1959 was it from far away?

Jenny said...

It's always nice to catch up with old friends again. As your first sewing friend from years ago, she must be very special indeed. Does she still sew, I wonder?

Susan said...

Pretty! It’s hard the beat black, white, and red!