Sunday, May 20, 2018

Playing.............

I can't seem to stay focused on any one project.  I went down to the basement to cut the last pair of fabrics for the 16 patch and saw the box full of trays of 2.5" floral fabrics just begging to be opened.  I started a new colorwash which I will work on all week.

Last night we went out to eat for my youngest granddaughter's birthday (22).  Her boyfriend ordered the most delicious chocolate cake to have at the end of the meal.
Out in the back garden the Jack-in-the-Pulpit plants are all in bloom.  This is the dark striped variety.






Here is one of the green ones.  There must be 2 dozen plants back there now.  It is deep shade and they love it.






The pink Weigela is in full bloom.










The flowers are so pretty.  I love pink so they make me happy.









The pale pink bush has a lot less blooms but they are pretty too.  I noticed a volunteer tree growing right in the middle of this bush so I got my big clippers and went around the yard and cut down about a dozen renegade trees.

There has always been just one branch of the Viburnum bush that has blooms but this year there are 2 branches with blooms.

Before I came in I planted some Zinnia seeds since it is supposed to rain 2 nights in a row.

5 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

All your plants have such beautiful colours, no wonder they make you happy. My clematis are flowering as are the peony, otherwise not much else going on - my fault for now buying any plants for the tubs. I have lots of leaves on the fuchsia, my favourites, so hopefully they will produce lots of colour soon.
Nice to see you starting another colorwash :)

Gene Black said...

I am looking forward to seeing this colorwash develop.

Roxanne said...

I love your new floral fabric color wash and the segway to your natural outdoor color wash. Will enjoy seeing both grow!

Tami Von Zalez said...

That is one of my projects queued up, I will be interested how you proceed along. The book I found along those lines called it a Watercolor Quilt.

Needled Mom said...

The flowers are so pretty. They are such a welcomed sight after the long winter days.

Your colorwash will be gorgeous.