Thursday, May 24, 2018

Designing and baking.............

I spent some time on the floral colorwash while I was in the basement doing laundry.  I needed to cut some more squares for some of the empty spots.  I baked twice yesterday, once for my backyard neighbor who is adjusting to living alone.  Her 87 year old husband died in March while they were in Arizona.  The rest of the baking is for my granddaughter to take to her sister's house in Nebraska over the Memorial Day weekend.  It was the last day that is going to be cool enough to bake since I don't have central A/C.
The two Columbines are just loaded with flowers this year.













Dianthus re-seeded and is blooming again this year.









I planted two pots to put in front of my garage.  I usually do more but I'm cutting back this year.  I like to have a photo when I first plant them and then compare as they fill in over the summer.


The tall red leafed plant is Iresine.  They didn't have it at the nursery on my first visit and I asked if they were going to get any.  The owner said she wasn't sure but it was there on my second visit.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pots and your quilts reflect the same sophisticated use of color, I just noticed!

ceci

Linda Swanekamp said...

The photos are inspiring. Hope to get things planted this weekend. Love the colorwash and it is coming along so well.

patty a. said...

Your flowers are so pretty. I don't have much color at all right now except lots of different greens. I do have to say my blue spruce is pretty with it's new growth and the sea mist is blooming. My coneflowers and Shasta daisies are growing, but it will be awhile until they bloom.

Hedy said...

I also am planting today, red geraniums, purple wave petunias and yellow marigolds. Our weather here is perfect lately.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I take photos of my plants after planting and then again as the summer progresses. Always surprising to see just HOW much they grow (a bit like grandchildren I now understand).

Needled Mom said...

Your colorwash is looking great as are the colors in the garden.

Glad you finished the baking before it heats up.

JJM said...

Just love, love your floral color wash, growing into another gorgeous beauty. I'm jealous of your beautiful columbine, we are still behind you with blossoming plants. But we surely don't get the rains like you do in IL. That rain you had earlier in the week was amazing, We had not. seen that much rain in years.

Must tell you this stylalist works great, I did find my lost one but this works better. (*._.*).

JJM

Nancy J said...

Dianthus, is that a pale hosta with them? Love the colourwash, do you know if/when the online classes will begin? I am saving all batik pieces for this one.