Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Decision made..........

I decided on this orientation for the colorwash.  The bunny is at the bottom now and lying on his back.  He is going to stay that way.








I dug up a huge hosta in the evening yesterday.  It pulled apart easily into 8 parts.  I planted one back in my garden.  A friend wants one and my granddaughter is going to take the rest back home with her 2 states away this weekend.
In its place I planted a tiny hosta.  Since it is so close to the tree it was tricky to dig the big one out with all of the tree roots.  The one next to it really should be split this year too and maybe I'll tackle that after our rainy day today.

The red Weigela is just starting to bloom.










This is the whole bush.  It used to be an odd shape like the other 2 but I gave it just the right trim last year and it is a great shape this year.

7 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Hopefully you remember how you trimmed the red W.... and if not, maybe you have a picture!!!
Lots of Alberto... moving through here... So far summer is looking a lot like spring, grey, although humid too.

patty a. said...

I still don't have any color in my yard so I enjoy seeing the color in yours! My lavender is starting to bloom so I should have a spot of color soon.

Hedy said...

We gardeners love it when our plants start blooming. My garden is perfect right now. I like your little bunny!

Needled Mom said...

That sounds like a lot of digging, but it all looks so nice. It's great to be able to share your plants with friends.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The bunny is gazing up at the flowers resting. Looks wonderful. Your yard looks terrific also. I am looking for some mini hostas as I have little places to tuck them into.

JJM said...

OMG...I'm elated to finally see the bunnies ! I have been trying to make out an image of a bunny in the light colored area blocks. I was not looking for a 'real' bunny in those tiny blocks. (*._.*) so glad you set me straight.

Your garden photos are always a treat to see.

JJM

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Love your garden photos - and I finally found the bunny! - ;))