Monday, May 21, 2018

16 patch blocks all sewn

I sewed the last 2 blocks for the 16 patch quilt and started putting the second half of the blocks on the design wall.  There are 2 more rows to go on the bottom at this point.  I did that last night but didn't take a photo.  I started sewing the rows and have all of the vertical seams done and 3 horizontal seams done.
I played a little more with the floral colorwash that I showed yesterday.  I'm experimenting with using plainer prints with bolder color at the edges.




Here is a group of 5 plants that I planted last year in early August.  I bought all of the plants on clearance.  There are 4 coral bells, 2 of each color and a Veronica in the middle.  There are little Redbud petals on everything since the trees are done blooming and are leafing out.
The Impatiens planted along the driveway are small but I hope they turn into big bushy plants soon.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the promise of growth within those little plants - we rescue clearance plants frequently and have gained some favorites in the mix.

Linda Swanekamp said...

All kinds of stuff popping up at your place- fabric ideas and flowers! Can't wait to see the colorwash develop. Everything seems like it is progressing so well.

Nancy J said...

Reds and greys, stunning. Looking lovely in your garden too.

Dorothy Finley said...




Fabulous 16-patch top

patty a. said...

Those cora bells are so pretty! I only have the common green ones.