Thursday, December 14, 2017

Top sewn!..............

The half hexagon top is sewn together and top and bottom trimmed straight.  It is 58" x 79".   I wanted to make one to see how many pieces it would take to make a decent size couch quilt.  There are 208 pieces half dark and half light, 104 of each.  Now if I decide to make another one with a different collection of fabrics I know how many to cut.  I shared the inspiration quilt and the die used to cut the pieces here.
I designed another colorwash yesterday.  It has a limited number of orange and brown pieces in it this time.  I could add 6 more rows across the bottom and then it would have more green, brown and orange.





I decided to rotate the photo to see if I liked it better.













Then I rotated it the other way.  I'll have to think about this one for a few days.

Today is my first visit with my pacemaker surgeon so I hope I get some questions answered.

13 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the glow best in the last photo. It is just super. The hexagon quilt is wonderful and it would great bigger. Looking at all those colors makes me smile on this cold, cold morning.

Hedy said...

Love your finished hexagon quilt, the fabrics give it a wow factor. I do hope your visit goes well.

patty a. said...

The hexagon quilt top turned out so pretty!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love both of them!

Quiltdivajulie said...

My half hexagon die arrived yesterday afternoon - I'm hoping to get started cutting pieces next week.

Needled Mom said...

Good luck at your appointment today. I do like the look of the half hex quilt top.

JJM said...

I too hope you have a good check up and ALL the answers to your questions. Hexagon piece is wonderful and another color wash that takes my breath away. So fascinating to see how it changes as you turn it. Looking forward to your color wash tutorial, next year.

JJM

Vicki W said...

I hope you have a great checkup! On the colorwash quilt I love the way that the red section almost starts a swirl effect. Very cool.

Lisa C said...

I really like your quilt top. I received my package and I can't thank you enough!

Mary said...

I hope you get encouraging answers at your appointment. As always, I love your colorwash and like the last rotation best.

Danice G said...

Hopping the best news from your doctor. The colorwash top is gorgeous.

Danice G said...

Oh I meant "hoping" not "hopping", lol.

Jean said...

Your hexagon quilt is beautifully vibrant. I love it. I hope you are able to get any questions and concerns answered at your appointment, and that all is well. Take care.