Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Half hexagon progress...................

I would have had to move my sewing cabinet to get straight in front of the design wall so this looks a little tipsy from an angle.  The left section is sewn together and pressed.  The other 2 sections haven't been pressed yet so one more night of TV watching and I should have this sewn together.


I was putting away the batik orphan blocks when I noticed there were quite a few 8" blocks in there.  It is a combination of double 4 patch and 16 patch.  I haven't decided if I'll sew them together for a small lap quilt or just put them back in the box with the rest of the orphans.

5 comments:

patty a. said...

you have gotten a lot done on the hexagon quilt! It is so pretty! That is a nice find - those orphan blocks.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is so beautiful and interesting- can't wait to see it all sewn together.

Sharon W. said...

I am loving the hexie quilt, and have some questions which you may have addressed in other blog entries. Do you use your accuquilt (or whatever) to cut pieces? I'm guessing you sew long strips of half-hexes, and then join those in pairs? Do you plan the colors, or just wing it with light/dark? I'm thinking this might be a good project for me: I meet monthly at a RI library with some craft friends, and cutting the hexies would be an easy transportable activity. Now, as to the orphan blocks, I think they should "marinate" a while longer, until your genius comes up with a new arrangement.

Sharon W. said...

PS: after sending the comment, I checked again your listing of topics. I had been looking for "hexie quilts" but found "accuquilt" entries, and think most of my questions have been answered!!!!

JJM said...

Your Hexagon quilt top is as happy as your Christmas table runners. So cheery to look at on a frosty pre-winter day.


JJM