Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A little sewing............

I finished sewing the 2 sections I showed laid out on my post yesterday and added them to the 2 halves and then sewed it all together.  It came out close to the 36" in length that I wanted.  Now I have to get out the Christmas fabric box and find a backing and binding.  I sewed a little more on the half hexagon top too but forgot to take a photo.
I decided to set my pale pink and my very pale pink cactus plants next to each other.  They have more blooms this year than they have had for several years.  They must have had just the right amount of darkness when they needed it for setting buds.  I also have a medium pink one that is loaded with buds but not blooming yet.
Here is the bloom on the little windowsill cactus in water.  I must get it planted.  It doesn't grow much in water and should do better in soil.

8 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

my little cactus is not too happy this year.... no buds. I have been a bad plant lady the last few months... although the orchids don't seem to mind the neglect!!! They all need to be repotted too. Maybe next year?

the table runner will look nice for the holidays!!! especially with a red cactus on it!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the scrappy table runner. It seems so happy festive. I need to get some other colored cactus.

Mary said...

Your scrappy Christmas runner turned out beautifully. It amazes me that it is made from 2 inch squares cut and stored for 20 years. Your organization is a true inspiration.

Anonymous said...

My Christmas cactus has more blooms than I've ever seen. I wish I knew what I did (if I did anything) to make them so beautiful this year.

patty a. said...

The table runner will be done before you know it! Good job getting it sewn together. The cacti are so pretty. The only plants I have are two Norfolk Island Pines that are now sealed in the kitchen during the floor refinishing. I will have to give them some extra TLC once the plastic wall comes down. I saw some orchids for $5.00 at Home Depot this past weekend, but I didn't buy one because it was so cold outside. I figured the hit of cold would kill it.

JJM said...

You stitched a Christmas table runner to remember, just love it and I know you will find the perfect fabric in your stash for the backing. Will be checking in to see what you've found.

Can't get over all your blossoms, especially the huge one rooting from your glass of water.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Great Christmas sewing there. Your cactus are so pretty too.

Sharon said...

Cute table runner! And wow, your organization MUST be good if you can find 20 y.o. cut squares!

Your cactuses look so good! Mine bloomed at Thanksgiving, but no buds now. I may need to re-pot it next spring. I've had it a year and it's still in the pot it came in. I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm really terrible at keeping plants alive so I'm amazed that it's still living and blooming!