Thursday, November 16, 2017

Making progress............

I made 4 new blocks with lighter fabric in them.  I also added some more small blocks into the 16" block.  I'm not sure if that is how I'll leave it so I'll look at it for another day before I sew that part together.









I'm happy with the top part so I'm starting to sew sections together.  I can sew that whole top row together today.



I have a Facebook page for Exuberant Color now if anyone is interested.  I have stayed away from FB because I didn't want to learn one more thing but I finally gave in and joined. 

My 2 week pop-up shop will close on Monday night, November 20.  I have been using my living room as my headquarters for it so I will have 2 days to move everything to prepare for Thanksgiving week visitors.  I can't wait to see the whole family together.

10 comments:

scrapbagfran@gmail.com said...

I really like the addition of the 4 lighter blocks that you made. It makes the whole quilt twinkle with light.

patty a. said...

Yeah you are finally getting to start sewing this together. It is a very cool quilt!

Gene Black said...

I have been watching this quilt as you have worked on it (and shared the progress.) I really like the way it is looking.
I hope you have a wonderful -or should I say "Wanda-ful" - Thanksgiving.

Nancy said...

You have achieved a lot of interest and excitement with darker colors and values in this quilt- well done! I visited your FB page and your pop-up shop pages. I love the Pinwheel quilt done in Kaffe Fassett fabrics, along with the others of course. You'll have to do a quick-change in the living room with all the quilts. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Elizabeth Andrews said...

I am not fond of the biggest block. All the other medium blocks, just have their 16 pieces the same size and so really stand out. With using the pieced pieces for half of the big one, it ends up
blending in with the small ones and doesn't stand out. I know
you didn't like the original contrasting colour you used, but
perhaps you could find a different fabric that would be better?

melinda hirsch said...

I LOVE the non-patch squares in there—how clever of you!!

Maria said...

Looks fabulous !

Needled Mom said...

That looks so nice. I know you will enjoy some wonderful family time next week.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

What a fun project! I'm afraid that I don't see the 16" block anymore - I see more small 16-patch and plain blocks. The larger 8" blocks show - but the 16" one disappeared - at least to me - ;))

Quiltdivajulie said...

It just keeps getting better and better. Here's to family time !!!