Sunday, November 19, 2017

It's a quilt top............

This is the design wall where I do most of my photography.  I just took down "The Star of the Show" and some of the leftover squares are still on the wall.




I pressed this colorwash quilt top and did the staystitching and then it was time for photography.  I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this one.  I built it with the left edge at the bottom but had decided I was going to turn it so the flower bed was on the bottom and the sky at the top.  I feel like I can walk right into this scene to the sunlight in the center.  I'm glad I spent more time tweaking the center before I sewed it.  It is a little under 34" square.

11 comments:

Marnie Haines said...

Good morning, Wanda,
You never cease to amaze me with your literally endless creativity! "Star" is breathtaking and so is this color wash. It truly is beautiful. I love your discussions, relating changes as on the color wash and the organic creation of "Star", from wee squares to finding the star, to adding more to create the whole. Happy day to you!
Marnie Haines

melinda hirsch said...

Wow—I’m really liking this particular one! Thanks for sharing your experience “walking into it.” Now it makes a lot of sense.

Chris Saper said...

Spectacular design and color movement!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Stunning!

joan said...

This one is especially beautiful, Wanda, and I love your description of it!

If you have a chance, would you please give a description of how you made your design wall? It appears to be free-standing, something I desperately need in my studio which has mostly windows and no uninterrupted walls on which to build a permanent design space. Thanks!

Needled Mom said...

The color transitioning in this one is really wonderful.

Diane said...

Wanda, Wow! This is another striking colorwash. Will you be selling it or any other colorwash wall hangings in the future? I missed out on the first one you listed in your pop-up shop. How you are doing well. Diane

JJM said...

Love your description of your latest color wash. I can feel your feelings as well SEE this beautiful piece. This piece just glows !

JJM

Sharon said...

I think this is one of your best colorwashs, and I've loved all of your previous ones. It just glows and draws one into it. Wow.
on a side note, these Kringla goodies, are they bread like? and about how many in the batch? They look good!

normajean53 said...

I love all your work but this one is especially nice. Happy Thanksgiving ! 🍁

JJM said...

P.S. Your pans of Kringla look delicious. And like your sewing, they are made to perfection. Don't over do now, let the kids do it all. (*._.*)

JJM