Friday, November 24, 2017

Another treat............

I promise this is the last food post.  Yesterday morning I baked the frosted creams for today's party.  My daughter's family also took some to the party of the other side of the family last night.  They have always been a favorite dessert in my family.



They are a molasses sheet cake and I shared the recipe in April 2015 but here is is again.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream 3/4 c. Crisco and 3/4 c. sugar
Add 2 egg yolks and 3/4 c. molasses
Add alternately 1 1/8 c. cold water with 3 c. flour, 3/4 t.baking soda, 3/4 t. cinnamon, 3/4 t. salt. (I do 1/3 of flour and other dry ingredients first, then half of the water, another third of flour, other half water, then remaining flour) beating well after each.  Spread in a 11.25" x 17.25" greased pan or line with parchment paper.  Bake 30 min. or until edges are browned and pulling away from pan.  Frost with your favorite butter cream frosting.  Yield, about 40 pieces.  In the oven I have now 25 minutes is long enough to bake it.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all things molasses!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Sounds wonderful Wanda and I bet Cream Cheese frosting would be good on it as an alternative frosting. Think I'll try it for one of the family celebrations after the holidays, as I will have to get busy making all the cookies and pound cakes to give as gifts to family members.

Hedy said...

We eat pie at Thanksgiving not cake. I’m not overly fond of molasses but I think there is a candy that I love with it the main ingredient.

JJM said...

Just catching up after Thanksgiving. Thank you for the lovely statement you posted on Thanksgiving day. I am thankful for you, my friend, and you and I know for how many years. (*._.*)

JJM

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That looks delicious. Thank you for the recipe.