Monday, November 20, 2017

Baking day...........

My family is divided on which Kringla recipe is the best...so I made both kinds.  I have shared the recipe in the past and here it is if you missed it the first time.  One has egg in it and the other doesn't.

This is what I will be fixing on Wednesday.  My family loves the Chex mix made in the oven the old fashioned way.  I think it gets crispier that way compared to the newer microwave method.

I have had many questions in the last 2 weeks from NO REPLY commenters.  Evidently they don't know we can't respond to them without a link to their email (go to your Google profile and enable your email address, scroll down and click on SAVE).  So.....if you have asked me a question and you didn't get an answer in an email from me.....it is because I don't have your email address.  I have an email link on my right sidebar and another link in my profile so you can contact me.......I just can't contact you.



My 2 week pop-up shop closes tonight at midnight EST.  If you want a last look at all of the new detail photos on each item you need to do it now.

6 comments:

JustGail said...

I had not heard of the microwave method. I'll stick to the oven also, with our old mw, I don't think it would be much faster. I don't see a bag of pretzel sticks - those are my least favorite part of Chex mix, I leave them out also. They don't seem to soak up any flavor. I don't think I've done bagel chips though.

patty a. said...

I don't know if I will be going anywhere for Thanksgiving, but I need to bake a pecan pie for my brother. I had that cold when he had his birthday so I owe him a pie. My son is suppose to get the keys to the house he bought on Thanksgiving day so I may be helping him move. A big bowl of Chex mix sound yummy!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Until we moved here in 1996, we had never heard of Kringla, but during the construction of our home, we stopped often at the Silver Dollar restaurant on the corner of 47 and 71, which was a 1/2 mile from the lot we had purchased. They had a woman who made it for them and sold it in plastic bags, which were placed on the cashier's desk for sale. We liked it very much and bought it, when available, for many years, until it was no longer there.

Needled Mom said...

Those will be such a nice addition to the family gathering. I haven't made that mix in a long time.

Julierose said...

Oh thanks for the Norwegian Kringlas recipe link--I am planning on them for our Christmas...they look so yummy...hugs Julierose

ckrut said...

I always make the chex mix in the oven. Don't use the seasoning packet you can get this time of year either. Always make my own. Plus I add honeycombs to the mix. Kinda look like snowflakes.