Sunday, June 25, 2017

Sorting fabrics........

I decided I needed to sort the light batiks that were on two shelves in the main floor studio.






I pulled out everything that was a quarter yard or less and then sorted into color groups.  I put all of the lavender on the purple shelf and all of the green with the rest of the greens.  Now all 151 fabrics fit on one shelf.  The other shelf will be used for the quarter yard or less pieces.
As the sun was setting I noticed that some of the purple coneflowers are blooming.  Bindweed has wrapped itself around them so I unwound as much as I could.  I will go back out with scissors today and snip it in several places so I can remove the rest.
While I was in the backyard I took a few more photos.  This is the other Annabelle Hydrangea in a bed with Cranesbill, Heuchera, and Hosta.




This Hosta is over to the left in the same bed.  I think it is about my favorite of the Hostas but I really like all of them.





I have Pulmonaria (spotted leaf plant) coming up everywhere.  I may have to dig some out.  If anyone locally wants some of it let me know.



The tomato plants are doing well.  You can even see a couple of the small tomatoes on the plant on the left.

We are having some wonderful cooler weather for a few days.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The cooler weather means the blooms last longer. My asiatic lilies are opening slowly, so I can enjoy them better. Love your sorting. I brought some wire shelving to put my plastic boxes of one or more yards on, but need to get them out of the box!

Lesley Gilbert said...

Your tomatoes are looking very healthy; I didn't buy any this year. Your Hosta may be in flower soon but the snails got mine. I'd love some of your Pulmonaria but you're 3,915 miles away hehe My Hydrangea are a pinky/white - I know the type of soil it grows in determines the colour (or so I was told) depending on the acidity etc.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your tomatoes are doing well - mine are really starting to produce this week, I will need to keep close watch as bugs start to get quickly or a little bit of rot if they get too ripe - I prefer to get them and bring them in the house before that happens and let them sit out for a day or two and then they are ready to use.
love seeing the stack of fabrics they are so pretty

Lola Carr said...

All your plants look great, Wanda. I noticed last night Lloyd has a pepper in his garden (ha ha, Lloyd does not like peppers, it's just where the plant fit best this year). I have multiple Christmas cacti ready to bloom (those on the deck)...

Hedy said...

I love that pale Hosta. It's very striking.

margaret said...

such tidy shelves I have my fabric in a very large chest of drawers such a pain when I need some to sort through it. Garden looks lovely my hydrangeas are now starting to flower too

Kerry said...

I'm loving your plants! I was a bit late with our tomatoes (most are in the greenhouse) but we are starting to see little tiny toms forming.

Lisa C said...

My husband would just swoon if he were to visit your hard. Many things are hard to grow in the Texas heat. He does a pretty good job but he'd just be in gardener's heaven if we lived in a tad bit cooler area.