Saturday, May 27, 2017

It's about time.....

I couldn't ignore it any longer.....it wasn't going to quilt itself.  I spent the morning on errands yesterday, the early afternoon planting more pots and then it started raining so I couldn't get any photos of them.  Last night I finally quilted this colorwash.  It  just needed one width of fabric for the back.
I finished quilting it at 10 p.m. and started taking out the basting threads.  I used clear polyester monofilament thread this time for the ditch quilting from top to bottom on every seam.  I use thread to match the backing fabric in the bobbin.  Today I will trim it and choose a binding.

12 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous!

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is truly stunning. Just quilting it would be fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks really lovely! well you be hanging this in your house?

LynneP said...

Lovely!

melinda hirsch said...

Love it!

Warm Quilts said...

Stunning! Great fabric for the backing, too!!

Nann said...

A cheerful way to spend yet another rainy afternoon!

JJM said...

Your color wash pieces always fascinate me, no matter how many times I see them, they mesmerize me... Perfect ditch quilting for this piece. And I so enjoyed your garden post yesterday... I hope to tackle mine yet today...

JJM

Needled Mom said...

Yeah. It looks great all quilted.

margaret said...

what a beauty you have created here

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! Did you use jelly rolls for this? If so, which ones and how long did you cut your strips or are they random? 2.5 inch width?

Christine said...

How do you quilt your TAW quilts, Wanda? I just finished one (my first), and I'm kind of daunted by the prospect of quilting it. Maybe just vertical ditch-stitching, as you quilted this colorwash of yours...