Sunday, May 28, 2017

Cutting and planting......

I didn't sew anything yesterday but I did cut some more 2.5" squares from Kaffe fabrics.  I have a long way to go before I will be making anything from these squares.



This is one of the pots I planted on Friday.  Full sunlight fades the colors so it is prettier than this.  The Coleus in the back of the pot is supposed to get quite tall.



This is the other pot I planted on Friday.  Next to it is a tomato plant and some petunias which I should have moved out of the way.




This is the third variety of Cranesbill that I have.  The flowers are a really pale pink and are shaped different than the other varieties.  Remember you can click on photos on my blog and enlarge them.  I planted one more pot with Coleus yesterday afternoon.  I also dug out all of the volunteer plants and weeds from the zinnia bed and added peat moss and some top soil to build it up a little.  Now I need to plant the seeds.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I come to visit you every morning, it is a sweet way to start the day with fabric and/or plants - my favorite things also. Thank you for being dedicated to consistant postings to your blog each morning, it means so much to me. Bless you and again, thank you. tzp

Alice said...

Your garden responds well to your care. Looks great. Grandson is doing travel baseball and we are off to a game. Enjoy.

Needled Mom said...

Gardening time always takes away sewing time, but the rewards are great.

Hedy said...

There is something about flowers that I just love. Even my stash is mostly flowers. Your pots look great, by August, they will be full.

Nancy J said...

your squares are bright and lovely, and pots with multiple plants are always so good, one year we had tulip bulbs planted with huge pansies, and although I have tried, never managed to get them to grow together as well again.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

So many gorgeous Kaffe Fassett 2.5" squares; so little time. I can't wait to see what gets done with them.

Mystic Quilter said...

Nothing nicer than seeing lots of KF fabrics gathered together, makes the fingers itched to c=get cutting and sewing! Love planted pots, mine are just fading!

margaret said...

Kaffe fabrics are so eye catching and your planting looks lovely puts my garden to shame

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I've been waiting to get out and mess in the dirt. Finally we have weather for it. Something bit me all over..never felt a thing. Dang it. Your pots look great!
xx, Carol

essay best said...

Gardening is my favorite hobby, specially cutting and planting the seeds and vegatables. I do gardening on the weekends and holidays also. I just love my plants and i do take care of them.