Monday, March 27, 2017

One strata cut..........

I finished cleaning the basement and baked the cookies and had time left over to cut one strata of my 30s Trip Around the World.  Some of the fabrics weren't full width and had to have a piece added.  I had to cut around the break and only got 19 strips out of a strata.  I need 5 more pieces from the next strata to have 1/4 unpicked and ready to decide what the center will be.  I have always wanted to have a TAW of 30s reproduction fabrics so this marks one off my very long list.
I started designing this with the solid color at the bottom of each color group.  I think I might like it better with it at the top so that means reversing all of the strips I have up on the wall.  After the art quilters leave I will move this over to a double design wall and flip the strips.

12 comments:

Marian said...

This is a lovely WIP. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt.
It makes me think there may be one of these in my future....
sayers.gmlren@gmail.com

Debbie said...

This is developing a wonderful vintage feel. I love the color ways and your special touch with them.

MontyBear said...

I love 30s reproduction fabric. I am 3 years into making a 1 inch hexie queen size quilt using the 30s prints and the Granny apple green solid.
Also, thank you for your prompt reply on my previous questions.
Think Spring.

Hedy said...

Wanda, this TAW looks like Easter candy to me ! Lovely fabrics and looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

Maria said...

Loving the TAW in this fabric...

DianeN said...

This is so cheerful for this gray morning. It's something I have always wanted to do myself. Thank you for the inspiration.

patty a. said...

Your TAW quilt is coming along quick. Very spring like looking! You have been very busy working on the TAW for that fellow and basting the other quilt. Have a fun meeting with your group!

Alice said...

Lovely. Soft and comfy.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Perfectly cheery and cozy colors on a very grey day.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I like the thirties prints, so I'm really enjoying watching you put this one together. There are always just so many ideas, aren't there!

Asha said...

Love these colors and prints ... looking so good already! :)

JoZart Designs said...

So different to your usual vibrant choice of colour palette and I initially though it so pretty. Second look I realised it really is so vintage in style.
Jo x