My friend and I basted her quilt (yesterday's blog post) for 2 hours yesterday morning and then were able to pull the rest of it up on the table to have it ready to finish the basting. I will work on it a little each day now instead of all at once. Last night I started sewing the stratas for an new Trip Around the World with 30's reproduction fabrics. I haven't decided on the color order yet so I just sewed each group of 4 fabrics and then played with the order. This is the first one I tried.
All I did was move the yellow strata a few spaces to the right for this layout. After seeing it on my computer monitor I think I like this layout the best. I have one more move I'll try and then I can sew the groups together for a complete strata. I used 2.5" strips and I have 24 fabrics. If my calculations are right I think this might come out about 70" x 94".
I have to start cleaning the basement today. After 2 cancellations the art quilter are finally going to come next Monday so I have 4 days to put away all of my stuff.....and believe me, I have a lot of different projects laying on tables. I also had been doing some sorting so one table is covered with that.