Saturday, July 30, 2016

Gift making, garden path, and cutting................

I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow so I made 2 kinds of burp cloths as part of my gift.  I got the free patterns off the internet when my great grandson was born.  They are 2 layers of flannel and backed with PUL, a waterproof fabric.  
The Rudbeckia are in bloom in the back garden now.  I had one bag of wood chips left from 3 years ago so I spread them on my path around the tree.  I love this wild and tangled garden.

Last night I decided to start cutting the Drunkard's patch blocks from the Marcia Derse scraps.  The larger scraps are this shape and I can get 3 parts out of them.





This is the other shaped scrap and I can get one of the small templates in addition to the convex large piece.  On half of them I will cut the small concave piece and from the other half I will cut the small convex piece.
This is what I have cut so far.  I'm probably about half done.  The pile of scraps in the bottom center will but put in the dog bed scrap bag.  The pile on the right might turn into something interesting.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

The scrap pile on the right certainly shows promise.

Paige said...

Your garden is beautiful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

That will be one gorgeous Drunkard's Path quilt ...

donaleen said...

I love this wild and tangled garden.....me,too!

Debbie said...

I love the wild and tangled garden...such a delight to see and discover.

Christine said...

I so totally love those Marcia Derse fabrics! these two quilts of yours -- triangle & drunkard's path -- are really doing them justice!

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

I just made my first burp cloths a month ago. My first grandchild will be born tomorrow! So I am all in the baby stuff.
Love this wild gardens. Mine is also like this, although sometimes it is getting a bit too wild!!

Charlotta said...

I love the Marcia Derse fabrics so I'll love the drunkards path!