Friday, February 5, 2016

Very little to report........

I didn't make much more progress but I think I have made my decision to use these pieced squares borders.  At first I thought they were too multicolor but I like them now that all 4 are made.  They aren't sewn on yet.



Here is a reminder of the quilt in "the Modern Medallion Workbook".  I think I may add a 2" border between the border above and the last border.



The outside border takes 2.5" wide pieces so I got out my box of Kaffe collective strips.





If I add a purple border next the outside border will be all reds and pinks.  I found this variety in the box.  I'll look for some more that have red and purple in them.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the pieced squares border. I think it is neat how you fussy cut the purple corner blocks- a nice surprise.

patty a. said...

Have you tried putting the pinky/purple corner blocks cattycorner from each other rather than both on the left? I was just wondering what that would look like rather that the more red ones on the ritht and the pinky/purple on the left.

Mystic Quilter said...

So pleased you decided to go with the light pieced border and love the purple squares in the corner.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Isn't it funny, they don't look very multicolored at all in the border. It looks wonderful!

Charlotta said...

I love the pieced squares border. It might look multi-colored up close, but definitely not from my vantage point!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I would love to have your stash.