Saturday, February 6, 2016

Organizing for a program.........

This has been a very social week so I have only had bits of time here and there to sew.  Yesterday I visited my brother and sister-in-law in their new residence.

I decided I needed to start organizing my quilts and tops for the trunk show program that I will be giving in about 10 days.
I group similar things together so if I'm talking about star quilts, I'll show all of the star quilts at that time. 

I need to decide which ones will hang on backdrop stands.  I have 2 stands that I take and there will be at least one more available if I want it.
 
I have a lot more piles to make so I'll keep working on it over the weekend.  Then I need to decide the order that they will be shown in the program.  I try to alternate quilted ones with quilt tops so the ladies holding them up have a break.  Their arms get tired after awhile.  After that comes the packing of a couple large bags and rolling the rest on swim noodles and tying the roll with strips of fabric.

14 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Looks like you will cover all the different types of quilts with your selection. Hope you enjoy your trunk show. Chris

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you have it planned out good. It would be fun to see the quilts in person - have a great time with this.

Mary said...

Your audience is in for a treat!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

All these beautiful exuberant quilts! Love hearing about the planning process.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I don't know if I could survive seeing all those quilts all at once in person! Just kidding. It looks to be a stupendous opportunity to inspire others and get your work seen.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Sounds like you have it all organized Wanda and what beautiful quilts and tops to show! I would love to see your quilt stands!

Marci said...

I wish you were closer to Kansas City Mo. I would book you to speak at my guild.
marcih@kc.rr.com

Diana from SC said...

When we have a person showing their quilts we take turns holding the quilts---15 mins. each so that everyone get to see the program Just a thought. The others sign up for put up and take down. That way the work load is shared.

Kathleen said...

great post ! please show more about how you pack and transport the quilts... thanks !

squeek said...

Is there any chance that someone could make a video (like your gallery show) and that you could post it on your blog? That would be a wonderful opportunity to see many of your quilts!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How I would love to see all your beautiful works in person! Have fun.

Needled Mom said...

I wish I could be there for the show.

Charlotta said...

I love the look of your piles of colorful quilts!

June D said...

Oh gosh, I wish I could attend!