Friday, February 26, 2016

Finally.......some quilting........

I found backing fabric for the 2 flannel Stack and Slash quilts and got one of them pieced and quilted the quilt.





These are the 2 fabrics that are on the back.








It is now waiting on the cutting table for a binding.









Then I loaded the 30s repro fabric Stack and Slash and quilted it.








I cut the binding from the leftover backing fabric and sewed it on all by machine.  I used a narrow zig zag to stitch it down.  That makes a softer finish than a straight stitch.  I'll take its portrait photo today.  I hope I can stay on a roll and get the other backing pieced and binding cut for both flannel quilts.  The end of the month deadline is right around the corner.

10 comments:

jack said...

nice!!!

jet essay same day essay writing said...

Fabrics on the back are equally astonishing as on the front! I admire your cute pieces of art! I wish you to have a lot of inspiration further!

Lesley Gilbert said...

2 more lovely quilts - I like them both. I'm in the middle of sorting my craft room and hope to be back on the sewing trail fairly soon :)

I loved the photos of your cactus from the other day - ours only have buds. My daffs are starting to open and my Fuchsia's are putting out buds. It's still cold outside but I'll need to tend to things soon. Enjoy your weekend :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Both quilts just say "cozy". Love the yellow binding. I have two waiting for binding, Too many to quilt yet.

patty a. said...

You are doing so good with your finishes for February! Love those flannel plaids on the back of the flannel quilt!

Gene Black said...

Yaay for finishes!

Would you share your method for sewing binding on by machine with a zigzag?

Anonymous said...

I love the 30s repro quilt! My hubby likes the plaid.

Carol said...

Love these Stack and Slash. I've gone back in your archives to find tutorials and ultimately to Lynn's blog. I've picked out a stack of fat quarters to start one. I have a question about pressing before sub cutting. Is there a trick to that so seams will nest. I'm a bit concerned more for the flannel.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You've been busy! They both look great!

linda said...

Stack and slash. Rushing fir end of month deadlines. Dont forget to enjoy the process:)