Saturday, August 1, 2015

July 2015 recap

I didn't get anything quilted in July, just made new quilt tops.  The double 4 patch is 87" x 95" and the church banner colorwash top is about 68" x 89".
I finished sewing the 2 little colorwashes, 28" square and 24" square.  
I knitted 2 dishcloths and was almost done with a third one.  It will be an August finish.

August needs to be a finishing month.  First up will be the church banner.  I am waiting for the backing fabric and then I'll start basting it.  I'm also going to do another garage sale next weekend so I'll be working on that too.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those were two big quilt tops you finished - a lot of work.

magistra said...

Your quilts are lovely and inspiring, as usual :)
Beth

Christine said...

I especially love the colorwash that you made with the flowery prints

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda.....what's going to be in your garage sale next week? Haven't done any sewing yet on my class project and we will be gone for a few days during the week, visiting friends in Elkhorn. We had the last of the birthday parties last evening and that should be it for a couple of months. Got some good news last night.....great grandchild #7 will be making an appearance around the 21st. of December.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good luck getting ready for the garage sale . . . hope the weather cooperates!

Needled Mom said...

I always love looking back on your productive months.

Unknown said...

Your quilts are amazing and beyond.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've been intrigued for quite a while about these knitted dish clothes I've seen American people make. Do you actually use them when washing dishes? I always thought they would shrink in the hot water, if they were made of wool. It's not something we make here in England/UK. I've wanted to ask this for a long time but didn't because it seemed like a dumb question haha. And your quilting for July looks good, as always.

Hedy said...

Love those July finishes Wanda, keep on quilting.

Anonymous said...

I've made COTTON DISHCLOTHS before, some knitted (not that pattern) and some crocheted. I'd like to try that pattern. Can you tell where it is available? Love your colorwashes. The Double 4-Patch is interesting to me, sort of like an Irish Chain style. I should be so productive.