The second set of 40 (identical) blocks was put on the design wall trying to group the light blocks with the dark ones around them. I decided really quickly this wasn't working and took them down.
Then I started over with 2 identical halves, one rotated 180 degrees so they would meet in the center with all of the light together again. I thought it was a little boring and too predictable.
I moved some center blocks around until I liked it and then sewed it together. The darkest blocks give the impression of a border even though I didn't plan it that way. It is about 64" x 80".
This is the view as I approach the design wall. I worked on this one for about 12 days. I could have done it all in 2 eight hour days but it was my busy work, sewing at night after yard work in the daytime.
Here is the first yellow primrose up next to the house. The ones farther forward in the garden have been colder at night so they have a few days yet to bloom.