Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Students' quilts........

This is the one that I didn't get a photo of at the last class.  It is a lap/couch quilt size.  Be sure to click and enlarge the photo to see all of the fabric choices.









I love how they look sewn together after the unpicking is all done.  Check back here to see this one in progress on the design wall.














The left side of this one is sewn and the right side was unpicked yesterday.  

A lot of class time was spent with fabrics the students brought.  We put them in order and figured out the cutting sizes for their future projects.




I put a pile of my fabrics on the table and had them work on an order for them.  The top row is the way they were when the students left.  I looked at them later in the day and decided to add one more light fabric and one more multicolor and pulled out 2 of the black/charcoal gray fabrics (the bottom row).

12 comments:

PugMom said...

It would be a lot of fun to come and play at your house!

Mary said...

I love looking at the diversity of these color schemes.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda, Are you going to make a quilt with the fabrics you had laid out for your students to put in order, because they are so striking and would make a beautiful quilt. I can see that I am lacking in the black, dark grey and lightly patterned whites. I will have to work on that. You must be very proud of the work your students are putting forth!

magistra said...

I agree with Pugmom! Maybe someday I'll get there 😃
Beth

patty a. said...

The quilts are all wonderful! I love your charcoal, white, and lime combination!

Needled Mom said...

How different they all look!!! That lime green and black is my choice. I can't wait to see that one done.

JJM said...

Enjoyed seeing your students work. All three have a colorful personality of their own.

JJM

Hedy said...

Love all the fabrics your students chose for this class, very colorful fabrics. I am hoping you are going to make the black/lime combination !

Mystic Quilter said...

The top TAW certainly does have a selection of interesting fabrics. Love the lime and black fabric selection.

Lesley Gilbert said...

Well done to all your students - they must be feeling proud of all their hard work - now it's your turn again with your new colour selection and I can't wait to see the results :)

Sheila said...

This one is on my bucket list. Wish I lived closer : )

Anonymous said...

That red white blue pink turquoise one is right up my alley. Love it. The pink purple green blue one is pretty fascinating, too. I just have to try this someday. Thank you for your great photos and explanations on color and technique.