This quilt has been in progress since October 2010. There is a PDF download on the internet here for the original Kaffe pattern. It was too narrow for me so I added more pieces as borders in April this year. I added in a few star blocks too.
Just so I have a record of the backing too I took this photo. The flowers don't look like they run in rows when you are looking at it close up so I was surprised when I saw this photo.
I'm on the home stretch on the hand dyed fabric quilt. This is the back before I was done stitching lines. (Backing dyed by Melody Johnson about 15-20 years ago).
I finished the quilting late in the afternoon and sewed on the binding. It is from a gradation piece that went from turquoise to blue to purple, a Vicki Welsh hand dye like the other fabrics that are in the quilt top. The quilt isn't quite this vivid. The lights in my main floor studio aren't perfect.
I should be able to finish the binding today early enough to get a full shot of this one and to do my end of year recap to post tomorrow morning.