This is my final candidate for the binding for this quilt. I pulled three that I thought would work and this is the winner.
I test it by laying a folded edge under the raw edge of the quilt with both the front and back of the quilt showing. That way I know if I will like it with both sides of the quilt.
Here it is sewn on and half of it is hand sewn on the back. All three backing fabrics are shown here.
I spent quite a bit of time in the basement yesterday. This piece has been waiting for its last border for about a year so I finally sewed it on. I will square up the piece so the border will not end up the same size all the way around. I think I have it upside down here...I'll have to check on an old photo of it.
Also while down there I matched up odd sizes of batting with quilt tops. I always label leftover batting with its size and I just updated my list of unfinished tops which has sizes listed also. I just match it with one on the list, then locate the top and hang the batting on the same hanger with the top. Now I just need to choose backings for the 6 I matched up.
I decided not to show the baby quilt I made until I gift it.