When I was hanging this on my design wall for the photo I saw the spools standing up and laying down. I don't see that as much when I look at it from a distance. I wasn't sure I was going to like the light binding but I do. It was the only fabric I had enough of from the front of the quilt and I couldn't find anything else in my stash that I liked better. This ended up 57" x 76".
The back is one long panel of the navy blue floral and then a side panel of four pieces of the two paisleys that are in the quilt top.
I made one more Vintage Spin block yesterday and trimmed it and the 5 from the night before. I thought I didn't have enough light blocks before and now I think I have too many. Maybe I will go ahead and make 20 blocks like the one in the book. Then I can get the lights and darks balanced.