I did it! Final decisions, and the top sewn together. I made one new block yesterday morning and then moved a couple other blocks to new positions and was finally happy. I'm guessing that there are probably 100+ different batiks in this. The color is a little off in this photo and the oranges and bright pinks aren't as neon in real life.
For the new readers of my blog, I am always mentioning clean up cuts. I explained them way back here in 2007, a month after I started my blog. I don't cut the 1.5" and 2" strips any more though because I have enough bins full of them. Anyway, my point is that using clean up cuts- they are crooked, angled, different widths - adds to the wonkiness of the blocks as you can see in this close up. The colors are truer in this photo.
I finished this top also. It was a challenge for me to make a successful pastel quilt. I work with pastels all the time but usually am adding them into more saturated color fabric groupings. I must admit though that this is a lively group of pastels!