I decided on the alternating horizontal/vertical spools layout and sewed the top together. I thought it was the best pattern if you viewed it draped over a couch. It is 58" x 77" right now. It will probably lose an inch or two in quilting. Today I need to get some quilt backs pieced together and cut batting for the 3 flannel quilts.
A few days ago I got a surprise in the mail. It is a postcard that was sent "naked" and made it here in good condition. it's actually surprising how clean it is after coming through the postal system. I sent some of my tiny batik scraps to a friend who moved away from this area a couple years ago. She mixed a few of my scraps in with hers and made this for me. I love it!
For the past five days I have been making some pastel batik blocks. I'm using my cutaway strips from straightening my fabrics and cutting them in 11" lengths.
Last night I trimmed them into 10.5" blocks and sorted them into three piles- light medium and dark pastel blocks. I'll play with a couple layouts today.