The scraps that were left from cutting the batik colorwash kits have been in a pile in my studio teasing me as I walked by them each day. With all of the cutting in the past week for QOV, church pillowcases and I Spy kits, I hadn't turned on the machine for anything except shortening some jeans. I sewed strips together into blocks that will be trimmed to 7.5". This is layout 1.
Here is layout 2. I only have enough scraps from the pile to make one more block but I have more fabric......
Or I could use this layout for the tablerunners. This is the fun part for me, make a pile of patchwork, put it up on the design wall and let it tell me what it wants to become.
This is what I was doing in the morning. It was a beautiful day for working outside. I cut my hydrangea blooms and hung them upside down in the garage to dry. My garage is knotty pine panelled, the whole 2.5 car garage including the ceiling, and it is heated. The people who built it came from a farm to retire in town.
Today is the last free brush pick up for the season. I trimmed 3 bushes and picked up tree branches. I cut down the last few volunteer trees too.
Last week I cleared this end of the back flower bed and planted 14 hostas that I had in pots all summer. It doesn't look like much now but I hope to show a comparison photo next summer. This end of the flower bed is under a redbud tree so the plants should get enough shade to survive. I watered it twice yesterday to make sure the roots can spread. It sounds like we may get a hard frost next Sunday morning.