Yesterday I just needed to keep busy so I wouldn't think about my appointment today. I cut batting for this random plank (also known as jelly roll race) quilt top and the backing fabric is at the left. It isn't a batik but looks great with the colors in the quilt.
The crosses quilt is 48" square so I knew I needed to add a strip to the width for the backing. I had a long strip of the fabric at the left that was a leftover from another quilt and I also had a larger chunk of it to cut the main piece from. I sewed it together and it is ready to baste. I will do this one on my Pfaff because I want it ditch quilted and there is a continuous line diagram in one of Kaffe's books.
I went through 3 boxes of miscellany in the basement too and filled a garbage bag with useless stuff. It feels good to see some empty boxes.