My only finish of the month is my elegant quilt for this year. It is made of William Morris prints on the front and Jinny Beyer fabric on the back. It is 62" x 76". I decided the fabric called for a traditional quilt pattern and decided on Trip Around the World, one of my favorites to make.
I completed two of the three quilt tops I started in August. The one on the left is Zipper, a free Kaffe Fassett pattern by Free Spirit fabrics. The pattern came in 2 versions, warm and cool and I chose the warm version. The directions have you using a fat quarter pack in the order they are packaged, but I didn't have that and instead chose from my huge Kaffe collective stash. The top is 60.5" x 81". On the right is a quilt top that I made up as I sewed. I didn't pre-plan anything but the 9 patches, to use up 2 trays of 1.5" squares. It is 39.5" x 61". It is a 4th quilt in a series to use my 1990-2000 floral fabrics.
There were 4 knitted dishcloths for the month. I was able to find the Sugar 'n Cream Scrub Off yarn in a couple nice colors. This lavender is the prettiest one of them.



2 comments:
The odd-one-out print you debated on for Zipper works just perfectly!
Beautiful quilt finishes for August, Wanda; the Wm Morris is just lovely and Zipper with that special fabric works so well...nice works;)))
61 here this cloudy morning for my weekly shopping day...nice and cool if still a bit muggy...hugs, Julierose
Post a Comment