Two years ago there were 2 Black-eyed Susan plants that somehow migrated from the back garden to the front. This year they have multiplied and have taken over the front garden. It's colorful, I will say that.
After an hour or so of playing with this group of fabric, this is the final batch. I removed one purple and like that end much better. Now I have to read the directions and decide if I will follow them or devise my own directions. I know the directions are for fat quarters and I'm not sure I want to cut my half yards down the middle. I like full width fabrics and I would rather just cut a strip all the way across.
While I was waiting for the dryer to stop I trimmed the floral stars quilt.
I knew I wanted a fairly light binding on this one and I think the backing fabric looks great. I have plenty of it.
Outside I filled the bird feeders and watered all of my plants. Our rain on Monday was barely enough to wet the bottom of the rain gauge. We have had about 1/10" measurable rain since July 4th.
I don't like to pick the tomatoes when they are just starting to turn orange, but the squirrels have already picked 5 and took 2 bites out of them. The big one is a Rutgers and there are several more that large getting ready to turn color. Most of the small ones are golf ball size (for comparison).





6 comments:
~Shaking fist at squirrels~ leave Wanda’s tomatoes alone! So when do Black-eyed Susan’s become classified as weeds, lol?!?! The close up of the floral stars shows the individual prints nicely….they are beautiful.
The black eyed Susans are fabulous! The deer ate mine. I am glad you are now settled on the fabric for the zipper quilt. I read recently that squirrels and chipmunks don't like the smell of peppermint. I am going to soak some cotton balls in peppermint oil and put them in the front bed to see if that keeps the chipmunks from digging. Maybe you could put a few in your tomato pots to see if that will keep the squirrels away unless you have tried that already and it didn't work. I would be interested to know.
Lovely fabric selection, Wanda--;)))
Stars will be so pretty with the light binding around them...
Lovely tomatoes you rescued from the marauding squirrels...
hugs, Julierose
To borrow the title of one of Young Man's all time favorite books - "Those DARN Squirrels" . Your front flower bed is splendid - perfect summertime colors.
Seeing the picture of your house reminds me when you had discovered it might be crab orchard stone. I drive through Crab Orchard every time I go to Devo and Sew and I think of you!
You're right, Wanda, the front garden is full! From this view, you can't see the stepping stones! Yay for summer...
Post a Comment