While I was in the basement doing laundry I decided to press the last eight fabrics for the Snail's Trail quilt. There are enough pieces cut for 8 blocks.
Last night I sewed four of the blocks. There are two like this.
The other two are this combination. I hope to sew the last 4 blocks today and figure out a layout with one of each of the combinations (half of the quilt). I'm at the point of wondering if this quilt will be too boring with just these colors....or should I add greens and blues and make 12 more bocks for a 6 x 8 layout (72" x 96").
It was another hot steamy day yesterday and I should have watered the tomato and cucumber plants, but they were in the sun by the time I was ready to do it. It will have to be done early this morning.



10 comments:
I think there is a good variation in the yellow to orange colors so I would say this quilt would be more subtle than boring. I have been pretty good about watering my zucchini plant. Since it is sitting right outside the sliding door in the kitchen, it is easy to water. I will have to remember to take a picture of how big it is already.
While I'm not usually fond of browns/golds/ etc, this will be lovely as is.....
Great blocks--love those "leaf-y" prints--so pretty...
72 here at 8 a.m.--went out early early to do food shopping before that acrid smoke blows in again--our skies have been a sickly yellow
ugh!!
I began quilting my placemats yesterday--one down, 3 to go...
Stay cool as you can hugs, Julierose
In looking at your previous photos, I don't think your quilt will be boring...there's plenty of movement with the curves in the block. That combined with the beautiful contrast in the blocks will give it plenty of visual interest!
I agree. This quilt iwill be stunning. Definitely not boring.
I like the coloration as you are working now. This way the viewer is more likely to notice all the variations in the browns and golds.
LOVE the new LEAVES block ~ fabrics are ‘golden’… I love this top it does not need any blues or greens. It is one rich and warm beautiful piece.
how large well the snails trail be or haven't decided? I watered the garden two nights running and then yesterday we had 3/4" so I think it will be ok for awhile now. I have enough tomatoes right now to do more of something with them but I'm not sure what - whatever will be done tomorrow. I counted and I saw about 50-60 more right now in the garden and all of a sudden more blossoms, I wonder if it will hit again with a lot or if they will fall off with no more now that it continues to be hot.
Applause, applause!! I love these colors!
Hugs!
I really want to make a snails trail quilt now!
Post a Comment