I finished the binding yesterday morning but my design walls in the basement are still on their sides, leaning against a table. The design wall on the main level isn't quite large enough to display it. Rain is forecast for today so I'm waiting to see if more water seeps into the basement before I put the walls back in place.
I cut 8 of the blocks for the Snail's Trail quilt and got 6 of them sewn yesterday. Most of these print fabrics are from the 1990s.
I noticed the first bud has bloomed on the Tiger Lily so went out to take a few photos.
This is the section that is all False Sunflower and Purple Coneflower. It is just getting started with all of the blooms.
This section was in the shade and the coneflowers are more vivid here. I had to cut a lot of bindweed off the plants. It was strangling them and tying them together.
The Hosta bed is partially in the sun but by late afternoon is all shade.
This was my treat last night.
I like to put the colors in rows and I hit the jackpot in this package with all 6 colors. I'm not so OCD that I need all of the little m insignias turned the same direction. Do you line yours up too, or just eat them?








20 comments:
Ha! I would have probably ate all those M&Ms in one handful. Congrats on your finish. I'm working on sewing my pieces together on a similar quilt today. It's taking me a bit to get this one done.
I don’t line my M&M’s up put I do group them by color and them eat them from fewest to greatest number. I absolutely love the backing on your MD quilt. Good to wait for the predicted rain to pass before setting up your design walls again.
I use to have to have a bag of the peanut m&m's all ng with other jars of yumminess 😄 luv the quilt backing!
nice finish...enjoy the blues and browns while you can....going bye bye....food dye issues
Oh, hahaha--I just eat them letting them melt in my mouth...;)))
Nice finish on your quilt and the Snails' Trail blocks look so pretty in those colors...
77 here and quite humid.
Hugs, Julierose
When I was in HS, one of the trombone players in the band had a "thing" for 'Down with green m&m's" that quickly became our marching band's call and response shout out. For that reason, I always eat the green ones first. LOL.
I've clearly been doing M&Ms all wrong. I wish they came in bittersweet chocolate, however.
Ceci
Fun post today Wanda… I liked the photo of your ‘tumbled’ quilt you just finished, it didn’t have to be hung to see its beauty and Snails Trail is stunning. A trip through your garden and finishing off with your M &M treat 🤭
I group m&Ms by color, then eat from greatest to least. My 45 year old daughter does the same thing, after watching me.
I eat my M&Ms by color, the least number first and so on, two at a time, one of each cheek.
Me, too, Cherrie!
I don't sort the M&Ms, but I often eat them by color until I have one left of each color, then all in at once. UGH bindweed...one of the few weeds I break out the weed killer for, Canada thistle being another. Unwind the bindweed (don't pull out), stuff it in a zip-top bag and spray the weedkiller in, seal the bag as much as possible and let sit. That gives more time for the bindweed to soak up weedkiller and get to the roots, and there's less chance of accidentally spraying wanted plants. I hope the seeping in your basement is done with so your design wall can be put back in place.
I scarf 'em down without regard to color! Speaking of color, those brown/gold snails are gorgeous.
Love today's post. It covered all of my favorites. Stared off with a fabulous finish. Next a gorgeous work in progress. Then a beautiful summery trip to the garden. Finally one of my favorites, snacks. Thank you for a wonderful look at your day.
When I was taking some quilt classes back in 2008 or so--our teacher always brought a house tin filled with M&M's and those really small paper cups for us to enjoy as a treat while sewing--I do love m&m's and I miss them--I do not eat them cause I do not do food coloring--didn't even back then--though I did usually have few--I guess my favorite color was the brown ones with red being a close 2nd!!!! I just eat dark chocolate now!! Love the snail blocks and so happy you got a finish--happy dance--hugs, di
Applause for your finished quilt and the beginnings of Snail's Trail!!!
Your garden is lovely and M&Ms are my favorite. I just eat them without organization. My crazy long gone FIL ate things in 4s, four bits of candy, 4 saltine crackers, etc. Head still shaking at his oddities.
Hugs!
I like peanut M & M's by the handful I don't line them up. I love the quilt finish. You have a lot of the same flowers that I have and they are easy to care for which is a must for me. I can't stay on a schedule of water and fertilize
Me too ! I've never seen anyone line them up, or for that matter, eat by color ! Something to think about. ;)
My question: does the way you eat M&M depict your ability to line up pieces of fabric into lovely quilts? Heeheh! I like them in a Dairy Queen Blizzard so that explain why I love making improv quilts without regular patterns. Oh what fun!
Can you please tell me the size of the pieces in your first quilt pictured on this post? I love quilts like this.
Thank you,
Paula
Post a Comment