Friday, July 24, 2026

Another project..........................


While cleaning off a table in the main level studio, I found a stack of batik 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles.  I carried them to the basement to join the others in one of the boxes in the basement.  As I tried to open the blanket box on the left I decided it was one of the "difficult to open" ones and I pulled some easy open ones from the storage area to exchange them.


The first day my helper came we put all three of the large bins with trays of cut pieces in one place, under the longarm.


I started looking with the first bin on the left.  In it I found 2 trays of 1.5" floral squares.  I think this will be another of my mindless sewing projects between planned projects.  I will make 9 patches with them.  It looks like 2 or 3 nights of TV watching to accomplish that.


But, how about the rest of the trays in that box.  I discovered that they are all 2" squares.  You can see by the tray at the bottom left that I was using these for colorwash.  But wait, there is more..........





There are at least 10 more trays of 2" squares in that box.  More 9 patches?  I made 2 quilts that I love with printed fabric 9 patches here and here.  I have made lots more but those 2 are my favorites.  When I clicked on my 9 patch label to go back and look for these, I was surprised how many 9 patch quilts I have made.

The large bin in the middle is all 2.5" floral type squares, and the box at the right has batik rectangles in at least 3 sizes.  So the stack I took to the basement is with its friends.


I took advantage of a day in the 70s to bake some cookies.  I didn't have any left in the freezer so now there are.






Later in the day I decided to bake shortbread cookies.  This should hold me over until the next cool spell.  It sounds like we're going back up to 90 over the weekend.

3 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

The cool spell has been lovely and perfect weather for baking cookies! You have so many boxes of possibilities! It was fun looking at all the 9-patch quilts.

Julierose said...

WOw--you have such a glorious collection of precut squares to work with, Wanda!! How wonderful ;))))
Only 56 here this morning --rather chilly really from what we've gotten used to. But, clear and sunny--I expect that by 11 or so we can sit out on our deck...another "carpe diem" for sure
hugs, Julierose

Nann said...

Do you recall when you cut those squares? It must be a wonderful treasure hunt for you to rediscover all of these gems!