Tuesday, March 27, 2018

2 more blocks.............

I chose one older fabric and two newer Kaffe fabrics for these blocks.  The light color in both blocks is from one piece of fabric.  There were horizontal bands of stem and leaves and another band of blooms.
I continue to knit dishcloths and finished 3 this month and started another.

It was up to 50 degrees today so I went outside and did some leaf removal.  In the fall I had restricted arm movement after my pacemaker surgery so I didn't get any of my leaves raked.  They were thick on the flower beds and matted together so I did some cleaning up in the areas of the earliest plants.  The Cranesbill is already growing.

7 comments:

patty a. said...

That was clever to cut that fabric and use all the like pieces in each block. It looks like they would have been two different fabrics. We are getting over an inch of rain in the next 24 hours. The temps have not been too bad but the wind has been cold.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Love those Kaffe fabrics in the blocks, and they will make a beautiful quilt. They are always so bright and happy.

Soggy day today and that means sewing time.

Anonymous said...

Love the variation in the two blocks. If you tried to fussy-cut, you could not have been more exact. Can't wait to see the complete project. Enjoy your rainy, sewing days!

Hedy said...

I never would have thought those fabrics were the same, such pretty blocks.

JJM said...

Spring has sprung on your post today. Love your new blocks and dish cloths.

And email worked. (*._.*)

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

I liked KF Mughal fabric when it first came out but was not sure how this would work - now I see - brilliant!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oooooh! What pretty blocks!! I really like your dishcloths, too. I'll bet they do a terrific job.