Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finishing # 5 and 6

Crooked Cobblestones 5 and 6 were partially completed on design walls for the last few weeks.  I needed to make more blocks to finish them so this is what the work table looked like yesterday.
I have sewn #5 together.  I was trying to make smaller ones but couldn't decide if I liked them. That is when I went on to make #7, 8, and 9.  Number 9 is still waiting to be quilted.
I still need at least one more block for this one and I can see at least one that I need to flip for a better value flow.  I may still change out a couple blocks but I need to make more blocks to do that so I have at least one more day at this.  Then it will be time to tackle the machine quilting on one of the larger pieces in line for quilting.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

I am assuming that these are all in a small quilt category? I love the fact that they are all the same technique, but all have their own personalities.

Pat said...

Your quilt tops are all wonderful. As always I love the colors and the batiks that you have. I did finally purchase a few last week and hopefully will get to my sewing this week. I need a show to go into to have discipline to finish my projects. I better get some soon as I will not be around forever. LOL

Sewing Junkie said...

I really like #5. But they are all really well organized and pleasing to the eye. Funny how we are never really pleased 100% Chris

HollyM said...

Every time you have to make more blocks to fit the quilts multiply, lol. I love the batiks and the changing sizes of the blocks. with the value changes it makes for sparkling quilts.

Julierose said...

I love the crooked cobblestones quilts....Julierose

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

The blocks look beautiful, I always love looking at all your beautiful batiks!

Cathi said...

I love seeing all these different versions of crooked cobblestones! Each of them looks so different from the others! What fun it will be for those who can see them hanging at the exhibit!

Purple Pam said...

The bright colors are so addictive to me. I'll bet your studio is awash with color today. They are all wonderful projects.

Nicole said...

great colors!