When I cut the 6.5" squares from my Kaffe fabrics a couple years ago, I had a narrow strip leftover. It is wide enough to cut a 1.5" strip out of so I have been using them for the sashings.
After I sew and press it, I cut a 3.5" strip from it and this is what is left, pieces 2.25" or 2.5" wide. Seeds for a new project!
I hope I have some pep today to make a lot more sashing strips. It is supposed to be cooler and less humid today. We'll see if they are right this time.
A note to owners of Blogger blogs: If you do not enable your email address, we can't answer your questions. It isn't enough to just have an account, you need to enable your email too. If you don't know how I can help you (just ask).
Also if you aren't getting very many comments on your blog, please change your comment setting to Pop up window and everyone will be able to leave you a comment. This works around the current problem in Blogger.