Saturday, April 23, 2011

Contemplating.........

I have added another 2 pieces on the right side of this quilt so I had to overlap another design board to put the pieces up there.  I pieced the yellow/orange rows and now I am contemplating the white/black finish at the top.  It is just loose triangles up on the design wall right now.  It puts 2 light rows together and I'm not sure so I'll look at it for a couple days.



Chippy and the squirrel are cleaning up under the bird feeders.  I can't believe how fast that chipmunk can run.  It's supposed to get warm today so maybe some of the plants will start growing.  We have had cold rainy weather too long.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks great, Wanda!

I never would have thought to put white-and-black with the yellow-and-red. You're breathing new life into those scraps, as I knew you would!

-- You know who

Unknown said...

Great quilt and color combo! Love it! Isn't it amazing how fast those little critters are?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so often you come up with color combinations that I would not have thought of, the quilt is looking beautiful.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

corina said...

I love your quilt. The black and white is really a striking addition. Happy Easter!

Needled Mom said...

I am a big fan of the black and whites with those colors. I think it is a really nice addition.

I have a squirrel that frequents my feeder too.

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
The quilt top is looking great!
Now that you put the white and black at the top, I see tall flowers in front of a picket fence.

Vicky F

Wacky Woman said...

I just love your style. Happy Easter.

CapitolaQuilter said...

The two lights together and the B/W messes with your mind - I love it.

Julia said...

I love the colors just the way they are.

hetty said...

Your quilt top is looking great! I love the colours with the black and white. We had warmer weather today too. I was able to do a bit of gardening.

Delisa said...

Hi Wanda, my name is Delisa, I am 48 years old and live in Georgia. You have a beautiful blog! Your quilts are wonderful. I love to knit, crochet and write. I too am drawn to colors! I have done some quilting but have quite a bit yet to learn. I hope you have a lovely evening ahead! Delisa :)

Sølvis blog said...

I really love what you have done with the triangles you got. Look forward to se the finished quilt. Me too love to play with other peoples scraps. Look back in my blog for january february this year and you will know what i mean.
Love from Sølvi in the middle of Norway