Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Still looking...........

I'm still looking for a box full of Kaffe triangles so I'm looking through many boxes.  One contained this assortment of 16 patches that I had been playing with in 2015.  Here is the post where I was trying them out alternating with a large Kaffe print.  I couldn't resist putting them up on the design wall one more time looking for inspiration.  I have purchased a lot of his newer prints since 2015 so I could play with a new variety.  There are some Martha Negley prints in these blocks too.

Spring officially starts somewhere around 11 a.m. today and it is cold.  I'm still waiting for the spring that has warmer temperatures.  We are going to be below normal all week.  I guess I have to be happy that it means there is more sewing time before yard work.

11 comments:

patty a. said...

Pretty blocks! Yes, this cold weather is the pits! Where I am is right on the edge of where the weather could be nasty with freezing rain and snow later on today.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

45 degrees here for the first day of spring. I love all your bright colors that you are playing with

Hedy said...

Lovely colorful blocks, I’m sure you can incorporate some new fabrics with these. Cold here too but I’m headed to Texas where the Blue Bonnets are blooming and temps are 80 degrees!

Unknown said...

Ooooooo love it!!!❤️❤️

Lesley Gilbert said...

I always like your 16 patch blocks - you have so many amazing beautiful fabrics. My pc weather app tells me it's *44f - feels like 38f* - feels more like it's freezing, but supposed to get warmer as the week progresses brrrr - no gardening for me just yet - stay warm :)

Julierose said...

Lovely and vibrant 16-patch blocks! I really like those flowers in some of the squares...I'm afraid it'll be quite a while before any flowers will be venturing out here...we are in line for a B I G snow storm this evening throughout tomorrow...I am so DONE with winter--unfortunately it's not done with us...hugs stay warm and safe Julierose

JJM said...

Your checker board blocks are so fun to see again. SPRING by the calendar, now if only Mother Nature cooperates . We do not have any snow in our yard here in the valley. But my sister who lives 3.5 hours north of us still has 3 ft. of snow in their yard, Yes 3 ft. to melt away before they can say spring.

JJM

Agile Jack said...

I've been wanting to do a 16-patch quilt with Kaffe prints. This is gorgeous! I think I like it better without the large print blocks.

Judy said...

There is also a Kaffe Fassett pattern that alternates checkerboard blocks with square in a square-ish blocks in which he creates a ombre look from top to bottom. In several of the books. I am just finishing a variation in which I alternated the checkerboards (25-square, 12") with 12" blocks of diagonal scrappy strip quilting. I'm quilting as I go with a narrow black joining sash. I get happier every time I add another Row! Thanks for all you do.

Needled Mom said...

I remember those great blocks. It has been a cold spring for us - so far - too.

Mystic Quilter said...

So happy to see these blocks again, beautiful!!