Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Folded corners...........

This is the first time I have used the squares folded into triangles as the hanging method on a small quilt.  They are on all 4 corners so the rod can be placed on any edge.  This way the recipient can decide which edge is top.  I am still sewing the binding in place in this photo with about half of one edge to go.
I chose the pairs of Kaffe collective fabrics for the final four butterflies.









Two of them are sewn but not pressed.  I will finish the other two today and then decide the order of the blocks on the design wall.

If you are wondering about the pattern it is shown here.

10 comments:

Bag End Gardener said...

I haven't seen the Folded Corner technique for ages; although I rarely make small quilts these days it is lovely to have a reminder of such a useful little trick :)

Thank you for your email yesterday, much appreciated.

patty a. said...

That a good idea for the four corners. Two nails in the wall and a person would have a piece of art hung.

Those are great coordinating prints for the next butterflies. I am still amazed by your Kaffe fabric collection!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I do the folded corners on small hangings too, so handy

Hedy said...

I heard today that Westminister Fabrics are closing shop, I wonder what company will grab Kaffe Fassett?

Lisa C said...

I, too, thought of you yesterday when I heard about Westminster Fabrics. I feel sorry for the designers/employees involved.

JJM said...

Your new set of butterflies add even more sparkle to your piece. I had never seen the four corner application to hang a small wall hanging, I really like that tip.

JJM

Susan said...

Four more beauties!

Vicki W said...

Did you see that Free Spirit is closing? I hope KF finds a new fabric representative soon!

Connie said...

That corner method is totally new to me. What a great idea, thanks for sharing. I'm always learning new things, thanks to all my sweet blogging sisters.
Happy Valentiene's Day!
Connie :)

MissPat said...

I just used the folded four corners on a hanging I'm using as a hostess gift. And instead of nails, I use Command hangers that can be removed without leaving holes to fill.
I'm sure Kaffe will have no problem finding a new fabric company. They are probably falling all over each other trying to grab him up.
Pat